Submissions are open until the 28th March!
Thanks for your interest in submitting to us! We accept personal essays, impersonal essays, CNF and fiction up to 5,000 words, and prose poetry of up to a page in length. We are also accepting narrative cartoons if they are a strong fit to our theme.
We aim to be an inclusive publication and particularly welcome submissions from voices underrepresented in travel writing, including writers from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific Islands; disabled or chronically ill writers; Roma, Scottish and Irish Travellers and Romani Gypsies; writers who are indigenous to a colonised country; and people who have never travelled abroad.
We will not accept works that are bigoted, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, sexist or hateful. Our goal is to subvert the narratives of travel that patronise local people and reinforce privilege.
Since we have a predetermined number of slots for issue one, we will get back to writers after the submission period has closed.
A payment of $10 will be made over PayPal for accepted pieces.
How to Submit
• Please submit only once for this reading period (21 Feb-28 March)
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attach one piece of prose or prose poetry
• The piece must be related to our themes of travel, anti-travel or neo travel in some way
• Make the subject line ‘Submission’
• Please include a note in your email if your work includes themes of violence or sexual abuse